Education and Literacy
Visit the Literacy Care website
At Literacy Care our mission is to diagnose and manage learning differences using evidenced based programs and practices that are administered with professionalism and care.
We work closely with children and parents to develop an intervention that will directly address your child’s literacy challenges.
Literacy Care is unique:
- Accountable: We begin each program with a prediction of expected outcome. This means that you know what you are working towards, what you need to do, and whether you are on track along the way to achieve the target literacy goal.
- Individualised: Each child's program is customised to the strengths and weaknesses of the individual child, and modified along the way depending on progress.
- Multi-disciplinary: We work with the CDN clinicians, and other professionals involved, to make sure each child (and family) is ready to get the most benefit from the literacy intervention.
- Effective: Our approach works. Every aspect of our work draws from professional research and evidence.
- Efficient: Our professional services are delivered through a 'train the trainer' model, where you learn how to help your child under our supervision.
Children come to Literacy Care for recovery and development in the following areas:
- Specific Learning Disabilities like Dyslexia and its Various Sub-types
- Fluency Development
- Whole Word and Functional Spelling Development
- Communicative and Persuasive Writing Development
- Essay Planning and Writing
- Working Memory and Neuroplasticity Training
- Comprehensive Phonological and Orthographic Processing Training
We believe that literacy skills are a basic educational right rather than the exclusive property of a select few. Reading, writing and spelling are precious and indispensable commodities. Fundamental literacy skills remain a vital ingredient for life.