At the CDN we value each child as individual and important.
We recognise that each child’s situation is unique, respecting the central contribution of family, and considered in the context of each child’s particular environment, such as their school and existing support networks.
In our work with children and families, we hold two key values as central to how we do our work:
Excellence: We value doing our job well
- We help children through wisdom, knowledge, efficiency, advocacy and effective care.
- Our work begins with the future in mind. This reflects immediate needs and goals, in addition to a vision of the longer term future, where the well-being of the whole child is paramount.
- We work towards these goals through realistic pathways of care, guided by hope and optimism, and informed by regular review and learning.
Collaboration: We value the contribution of people and relationships. This includes families, staff, professionals and the children themselves. In all relationships we strive for, and ask also in return:
- Mutual respect at all times, and in all areas
- Value and appreciation for what the other person brings
- Fair and equitable sharing of responsibilities, workload and individual contributions
- Expectations that are reasonable and sustainable
- A clear understanding of personal roles, processes and purposes