KidsPB (Kids Personal Best)
KidsPB is a website designed specifically for parents of children who have special needs.
KidsPB enables parents to:
- Create individual sites for one or more of their children
- Upload documents to the child's site
- Organise and manage these documents with titles, descriptions, dates and categories. This enables easy sorting, access and sharing.
- Establish secure connections with professionals, as well as chosen family/friends involved in the child's life
- Securely and selectively share documents with these professional and personal contacts
KidsPB enables professional contacts to:
- View and download the documents that parents have selected and shared with them
- Send their documents in electronic form, enabling parents to save these directly into their child's document library if they choose.
KidsPB enables family/friends to:
- View the documents that parents have shared with them
A free mobile version has been developed, and is completing initial testing. This will allow you to:
- Upload documents from your device (selecting a file, or taking pictures with the camera) into your child's site
- Present documents for others to view and select (e.g. your child's teacher)
- Send connection requests (e.g. with your child's teacher), so that they can access the selected documents
We expect that KidsPB will be useful for:
- Storing and organising documents about your child (e.g. assessment reports, professional correspondence)
- Sharing documents with professionals (teachers, doctors, therapists etc) when you first meet them
- Sharing new documents as they arrive, with the key people in your child's support team.
- Receiving electronic documents quickly and securely from your child's professionals
- Organising your communication with the NDIS
The offer to participate is being made to parents of children seen by Dr McDowell during the last year.
If you choose to participate, we offer to send electronic copies of Dr McDowell's consulting correspondence to be stored in your child's KidsPB document library, and get you started.
KidsPB is still under development. We have built this with ease of use and security of information in mind. We would like your feedback about the function, use and any suggestions for improvement, and any potential bugs you may find.
To participate, or if you have further questions, please reply by email (email@example.com), and request access to the service as a parent tester. We will send you a link to get started.
Once you have set up your site, we can then send copies of our correspondence PDF documents.